Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Sabbatical From Cake Decorating Classes

I taught my first Fundamentals of Cake Decorating Class over 2 years ago. It's been a really fun thing to do over the years and I've had a great opportunity to get to know a lot of really talented people. It's been really fulfilling to invite in a group of women (and 2 guys) that had no outside experience in cake decorating and watch them develop their skills over just 4 short weeks. 

Life seems to get more and more complex and the opportunity I've had to host these sessions has become less attainable. This past winter I was contacted by a gentleman that was interested in classes for his girlfriend. He asked if I'd ever offered a one-night session for something like cupcakes. I thought it a good idea, but didn't really buckle down with it until this month. 

When I finally opened registration for the class, it filled up within about 24 hours. As a result, I opened registration for an additional workshop and subsequently, that filled up within a day or so as well. What I really need to do is say, thanks Brady (seen pictured below), you've inspired these cupcakes classes and everyone gets to benefit. 



Next Gourmet Cupcake Workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, May 23rd at 7:30pm. Feel free to comment below if you'd like additional information.

No comments:

Post a Comment